Orbit Early Years is new technology that makes life easier for early years practitioners and allows sharing of information for the benefit of children*.
Orbit Early Years makes it easy for practitioners to:
- Collect observations of each child
- Assess learning in line with the 2012 EYFS Framework
- Create a personalised album of each child's experiences
- Evaluate children and track progress over time
- See 'All About Me' information about each child and their family
- Receive postcards of each child's at-home learning experiences
When used in conjunction with Orbit Family, Orbit Early Years makes communication with parents easier. It keeps families updated with their child's learning and achievements, whilst also giving practitioners the means to incorporate home learning activities into their own assessments.
Orbit software helps practitioners and providers protect children's information. The Orbit Safeguarding document provides you with information about the importance Orbit places on maintaining children's records securely, which you can share with colleagues, parents and other interested parties (such as Ofsted).
As well as this website, the Orbit Early Years app for iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad® is now available on the App Store℠. If you haven't done so already, click on the following link to download the app:
*Source "The Impact of Parental Involvement on Children's Education" ref: DCSF-00924-2008.